Applications of microwave plasma technology
This task is conducted in the Department of Hydrogen Energy.
The scope of the activities regarding application of microwave techniques for generation of discharges in gases encompassed:
- designing and optimization of microwave devices for plasma generation,
- spectroscopy methods of plasma diagnosis (gas temperature, electron concentration, electron temperature),
- modeling of kinetics of chemical reactions in plasma,
- development of plasma generators for destruction of harmful gases,
- hydrogen production via reforming of hydrocarbons using microwave plasmas,
- generation of microwave microdischarges.